- Make a selection using the Marquee tool.If you rotate this selection, blank space(grey and white pixels) will appear in thegaps left behind.So you may want to copy the selection either to a new layer (Copy, Paste) or copy it within the existing layer (alt/opt and command keys and drag selection) first, so that rotating it reveals the original background rather than empty space.
- Choose Transform > Rotate from the Edit menu. Handles will appear at the corners of the selected area;
- Position the pointer on a handle;
- Drag the pointer either clockwise or anti-clockwise before releasing. The image will rotate.
Rotating a layer
1. Select the whole layer, then repeat steps 2 and 3 above.
Resizing a layer’s contents
1. Ensure layer is active (click layer in Layers palette)
2 Draw rectangular selection around item on layer which you wan t to resize.
3 Choose Edit > Transform ... Scale. Handles appear around selection.
4 Drag corner handles in or out to shrink or enlarge item.
5 Press Enter/Return to apply size change.
6 Click outside of selection border to remove selection border.