There are many new features in Windows Vista that are installed by default that you may not need. These extra and un-needed features can slow down your computer and take up more storage space.
Windows Features can be un-installed using the Windows Features utility. Follow these steps to uninstall applications such as the Windows Fax and Scan and many more.
To Turn-Off Some Un-Needed Features:
1. Click on the Start Button
2. Select Control Panel
3. Under Programs click Uninstall a program
4. On the left side menu, click on Turn Windows features on or off
5. Scroll through the list as shown below and uncheck from any feature you do not want installed.
6. Click OK when you are finished making your changes. The features will now be uninstalled.